PRINCE2 Foundation and Practioner
(PRojects IN Controlled Environments)
PRINCE2 is a project management methodology and set of tools and principles to help managers and project teams achieve targets in a controlled and planned manner
This 5 day course will provide delegates with the ability to organise, plan and control projects using the PRINCE2 method. PRINCE2 is divided into an introductory Foundation proving the holder is competent to work in a project team and a Practioner level qualification that proves the holder is able to apply PRINCE2 to a real project themselves.
The course includes both PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner qualifications.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Implement the PRINCE2 process model in a variety of environments
- Prepare the appropriate level of plans using Product Based Planning
- Undertake risk analysis and management in a project environment
- Apply Change Control and Configuration Management within a project
- Manage and control a project throughout its life-cycle
- Participate as an informed member of a project management team
Successful delegates will become Registered PRINCE2 Practitioners.
No previous knowledge of PRINCE2 is necessary.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
PRINCE2 teaches seven ‘Principles’, ‘Themes’ and processes to assist practitioners. These are :-
Seven PRINCE2 Principles
– Continued business justification
– Learn from experience
– Defined roles & responsibilities
– Manage by stages
– Manage by exception
– Focus on products
– Tailor to suit the project environment
Seven PRINCE2 Themes
– Business Case
Seven PRINCE2 Processes
– Starting up a project
– Directing a project
– Initiating a project
– Managing stage boundaries
– Controlling a stage
– Managing product delivery
– Closing a project
The course comprehensively covers these through lectures, practice and group discussion all leading to practicing passing the examinations required to achieve practioner status.
– Guidance and revision
– The PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examinations
LOCATION: whitehaven, CUMBRIA
The Course fee includes : – PRINCE2 manual (2017 edition), registration, PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examinations, Lunch and other refreshments.
Exams & Certification
Foundation – 1 hour multiple choice closed book exam.
Practitioner – 2.5 hour scenario based multiple choice exam (official manual allowed).