APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
(Formerly known as the APM Level D (APMP) certification)
The APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) replaced the APM Section D qualification (PMQ) (IPMA Level D, SCQF Level 7). Its is a knowledge-based qualification developed by APM, the Chartered body for the project profession, that allows candidates to demonstrate understanding of all elements of project management.
This five-day intensive course provides delegates with comprehensive knowledge and understanding to prepare them for the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification examination (based on the APM Body of Knowledge, 6th Edition).
Who is it for?
APM PMQ is aimed at those wishing to achieve a broad level of project management knowledge sufficient to participate in projects at all levels.
Applicants typically have some pre-existing project management knowledge, although this is not essential.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
The APMP syllabus assesses all areas of project management including budgeting and cost management, conflict management, communication, earned value management, leadership, negotiation, procurement, sponsorship and teamwork. Specifically candidates will be able on completion to :-
- Describe the management structure by which projects operate
- Explain the structure of project lifecycles
- Examine contexts and environments in which projects are delivered
- Define governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Plan and manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Recognise the importance of stakeholder management
- Apply project management planning for success
- Describe project scope management
- Define and develop scheduling and resource management
- Prepare for effective project procurement
- Apply risk management, quality management and issue management
- Recognise the links between configuration management and change control
Assessment is via a three hour exam. Delegates must answer 10 of the 16 questions. Alternatively for current PRINCE2® Registered Practitioners a two hour paper that recognises prior learning. In this paper candidates must answer six from ten questions.
The course covers exam preparation and practice.
Successful delegates will receive the APM PMQ qualification.
DATE: 27th APRIL – 1st MAY 2020
LOCATION: WHITEHAVEN, CUMBRIA
DURATION: 5 DAYS
What’s Included ?
The course fee includes pre-course reading pack, APM PMQ manual (2014 edition), registration, APM PMQ examination, lunch and other refreshments.
Exams & Certification
A three hour paper where candidates must answer ten from sixteen questions.
For current PRINCE2® Registered Practitioners a two hour paper that recognises prior learning. In this paper candidates must answer six from ten questions.